The Ministry of Education, which is earlier known as Ministry of Human Resource Development offers many scholarship programmes for the school and college students every year. Most of the scholarships offered are to support the financially backward children.
Here are the Top-5 central scholarship programmes for school and College students.
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship- The scholarship is for the students of Class-9 who belongs to weaker section of the society. The annual income of the family should be less than Rs 1.5 lakhs and the student should have secured at least 55 per cent marks in class 8. The student fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be awarded Rs 12,000 per annum.
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students- The scholarship is for the 12 passed students studying in the college and university. The scholarship is to support the meritorious students of economically weaker section of the society. The student should have secured 80 percentiles in class 12 or equivalent examination for the scholarship. The student fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be awarded Rs 10,000 to 20,000 per annum.
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls- This scholarship is for the girl students who are pursuing the technical degree or diploma course. To avail this scholarship the candidate should obtained good marks in 12th or equivalent exam and the family income of the candidate should also be less than Rs 8 lakh. The candidate will be awarded with up to Rs 50,000 per annum and other benefits.
- AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme- The scholarship is for the differently-abled candidates who are pursuing a technical degree and diploma course from a recognized institution. Students having not less than 40 per cent disability can avail benefits under this scheme. Students will be awarded up to Rs 50,000 per annum and other benefits.
- Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)- The scholarship is provided to promote technical research studies among students. The scheme is for the students pursuing doctoral programmes from leading central institutes of India. Candidates will be given a stipend of up to Rs 80,000 per month and other benefits.
To Apply for these scholarship programmes, candidates can visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
For more detail, read at NDTV